Please consider registering
February 11, 2010
I'm going through the process of rebranding my business. The current business name (covering my writing services, Web publication, and indie publishing work) is J.H. Mattern Communications. The new business name is 3BeatMedia (with a publishing division called 3BeatBooks). The new name will be official once I finish the re-launch work and new Web presence.
The decision to rebrand the business was based on several things:
- The business and its scope continually grows.
- The original name was chosen when the business was primarily a PR consultancy (needs freshening up).
- I don't feel the current name covers the business as a whole -- more the service side.
- I don't want the underlying brand to be forever tied to my maiden name (even though I'll still do business under that name after getting married).
- The projected growth of the business involves branching into more than writing (while "3Beat" has meaning to me right now, the ultimate goal is to split the company into three divisions -- writing/publishing, film, and audio/music).
- I worry that keeping the business tied too much to my current name could hurt my upcoming work under pseudonyms. I'll be publishing under three different names (Jennifer Mattern, Aria Klein -- for mysteries, and A.J. Klein -- for horror). I'd rather all things published be tied to a single larger brand name.
June 6, 2011
I'll be interested to see how it goes for you. I'm rebranding this year because I feel like I've outgrown my current brand and it's not pulling in the clients I want. In effect, I'm going to start over. I'm still working on coming up with a name, which would be easy but for the difficulties of finding a domain name that works and isn't already taken! (Squatters must all die.) But at least I'm only shooting for .co.nz, which is much easier than .com.
February 11, 2010
lol I'm with you on the squatters.
One of my favorite tools now for domains is JustDropped.com. These are domains that were either just released to the public again or ones that will be soon (expired, but not yet deleted by the previous registrar). I scored about a half dozen great domains recently thanks to that site's search feature (not the email list). Not sure if they include .co.nz, but it could be worth checking out.
Most Users Ever Online: 72
Currently Browsing this Page:
Jessica Marcarelli: 38
Luana Spinetti: 32
Guest Posters: 5
Newest Members: laura, sue michell, alisonscribes, madhavan351, brookeb, navyvett
Administrators: Jennifer Mattern (480)