If you caught my recent podcast episode featuring Yolander Prinzel (on critiquing friends' writing), or if you read my guest post (on common guest posting mistakes freelance writers make) for Writers Worth Month at Lori Widmer's blog, you might already know this. If not, I have a quick announcement.
Lori and I have been quietly working behind-the-scenes on a new project for freelance writers. And we're ready to give you your first taste.
Coming Soon: FreelanceWritingPros.com
Lori and I both run blogs for freelance writers -- this site and WordsOnPageBlog.com. But one thing we've noticed, both on our own blogs and most other freelance writing blogs we read, is that they tend to focus on newer writers. You'll learn about:
- Getting started as a freelance writer;
- Learning how to set your freelance writing rates;
- Avoiding (or moving beyond) content mills;
- Choosing a freelance writing niche or specialty;
- How to start building your freelance writer platform.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't do much to help experienced freelance writers. And that's where FreelanceWritingPros.com comes in.
Lori and I are launching the new site specifically for freelance writers with five or more years of experience. You have the business basics down by then. You've gotten past the point where half of new small businesses fail. (Congratulations!) But you still want more.
FreelanceWritingPros.com will focus mostly on advanced marketing and PR tips, tools, and tactics experienced freelancers can use to take their writing businesses to the next level.
We'll share more details over the next several weeks as we get ready to roll out tools and features. In the meantime, we're going to start sending out a quick advanced marketing tip via email each week. If you'd like these free tips in your inbox, or you want to be notified of news and updates about the site's launch, visit FreelanceWritingPros.com or subscribe below.
Also, remember to stop by Lori's Words on the Page blog every day in May for fresh content from Lori and guests for her 2016 Writers Worth Month.
Jenn has 19 years experience writing for others, around 14 years experience in blogging, and over 11 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Freelance Writing Markets Paying $1000 Per Article or More - May 29, 2018
- Freelance Writing Away From Home (& Mini Writing Retreats) - May 11, 2018
- Websites & Blogs That Pay Writers $100 Per Article and More (2018 Updates) - May 10, 2018
- Should You Add an Email List to Your Freelance Writer Website? - April 16, 2018
- A Quick Word on Confidence - April 7, 2018