If you caught my recent podcast episode featuring Yolander Prinzel (on critiquing friends' writing), or if you read my guest post (on common guest posting mistakes freelance writers make) for Writers Worth Month at Lori Widmer's blog, you might already know this. If not, I have a quick announcement.
Lori and I have been quietly working behind-the-scenes on a new project for freelance writers. And we're ready to give you your first taste.
Coming Soon: FreelanceWritingPros.com
Lori and I both run blogs for freelance writers -- this site and WordsOnPageBlog.com. But one thing we've noticed, both on our own blogs and most other freelance writing blogs we read, is that they tend to focus on newer writers. You'll learn about:
- Getting started as a freelance writer;
- Learning how to set your freelance writing rates;
- Avoiding (or moving beyond) content mills;
- Choosing a freelance writing niche or specialty;
- How to start building your freelance writer platform.
That's all well and good, but it doesn't do much to help experienced freelance writers. And that's where FreelanceWritingPros.com comes in.
Lori and I are launching the new site specifically for freelance writers with five or more years of experience. You have the business basics down by then. You've gotten past the point where half of new small businesses fail. (Congratulations!) But you still want more.
FreelanceWritingPros.com will focus mostly on advanced marketing and PR tips, tools, and tactics experienced freelancers can use to take their writing businesses to the next level.
We'll share more details over the next several weeks as we get ready to roll out tools and features. In the meantime, we're going to start sending out a quick advanced marketing tip via email each week. If you'd like these free tips in your inbox, or you want to be notified of news and updates about the site's launch, visit FreelanceWritingPros.com or subscribe below.
Also, remember to stop by Lori's Words on the Page blog every day in May for fresh content from Lori and guests for her 2016 Writers Worth Month.
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Lies, Letting Go, & Building the Writing Life You Want - December 13, 2017
- Setting 2018 Writing Goals (& Getting Your Priorities Straight) - December 5, 2017
- How to Identify Blog Comment Spam - November 1, 2017
- The Sitting / Standing Desk Combo That Eases My Back and Neck Pain - September 13, 2017
- Freelance Writing When You Just Don’t Give a Damn - September 11, 2017