For this week's Weekend Reading segment, let's look at launching new blogs, from choosing a blog design to developing your blog's content strategy.
If you're thinking about starting your first blog (or a new blog in general) here are some articles and resources that might help.
- How to Start a Blog in 2014 -- By Pete Zaborszky at Make-a-Web-site.com
- How to Launch a Self-Hosted WordPress Blog in 20 Minutes or Less -- By Michael Hyatt at MichaelHyatt.com
- Beginner Guide: How to Start a Blog From Scratch -- By Mark Riddix at Entrepreneurs-Journey.com
- Blog Design on a Budget: The Complete Guide for Creating a Beautiful, High Converting Blog -- By Gregory Ciotti at SparringMind.com
- The 40 Best Free WordPress Themes -- By Jesse Friedman at CreativeBloq.com
- 9 Hard-Hitting Content Strategies for Small Business Blogging -- By Neil Patel at QuickSprout.com
- Free Blog Content Strategy Checklist -- By Shelly Bowen at Pybop.com
- The Epic List of Content Strategy Resources -- By Jonathon Colman at JonathonColman.org
- How to Build a Blog Audience: The 12 Laws of a Great Start -- By Aaron Baldassare at FalconerWebMarketing.com
- 12 Essential Blogwriting Tips for Building a Successful Blog -- By Leo Babauta at WriteToDone.com
- 5 Steps to Building a Better Blog -- By Derek Halpern at DIYThemes.com
Not sure which hosting company to use for your new blog? I recommend HostGator (where this blog, under its old All Freelance Writing brand) started and MyHosting.com (where I currently host most of my sites, including All Freelance Writing).
Note: These are both affiliate links. That means if you visit the hosting company sites through my links and decide that one of them is a good fit for you, I may receive a commission for facilitating the introduction. You can learn more about my advertising policies here.
- Why You Should Diversify Your Writing Income (& 5 Ways to do It) - March 16, 2021
- How the PRO Act Could Hurt Freelance Writers (& What You Can do About It) - March 2, 2021
- Revenue Sharing 2.0 (& Why it Still Sucks for Writers) - February 26, 2021