JOIN

Hello everyone from Alberta, Canada

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern April 10, 2017 at 5:13 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

thewritedesire
    Participant

I am new here my name is Colleen I am 61 and I have just been laid off from my job of ten years as a Legal Assistant. I don’t know if I can go back to the desk job again, I decided I would like to be a Freelance Writer It is not a new idea I have been wanting to do this for probably the last 15 years. I feel that now it is a matter of do or die. I have always loved to write and it is something that makes me happy. the problem is, is that there is so much info out there I don’t know where to begin.

Hi Colleen, nice to meet you. This is a good place to start. There are a lot of resources here that can help point you in the right direction.
    Have you joined any writing groups? That has been beneficial for me. It’s a good way to build a network and get feedback on your work. I used meetup.com to find mine.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Hi Colleen.

Welcome to the community!

I’m so sorry to hear about your previous job. But I hope it proves to be a blessing in disguise, serving as a nudge into a successful writing career. 🙂

Poke around the resources page to start. There are four downloads that might help you plan out a new freelance writing business — the one page marketing plan template, the one page business plan template, the SWOT analysis worksheet, and the target market planner. They’ll help you think about the big picture.

There are several posts in the blog archives for beginners about getting started in freelancing as well. A good one to start with is a recent round-up I did with fellow pros. They each shares what they wish they had known when starting out. You can find that here.

I hope that helps! 🙂

Jennifer Mattern - Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Owns AllFreelanceWriting.com | Also blogs at: NakedPR.com & BizAmmo.com

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for sharing!
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on Pinterest