JOIN

Hello from New Hampshire

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Marcia Santore September 10, 2017 at 11:00 am.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Marcia Santore
    Participant

Hi everyone! I’m a writer/editor and a working artist, and I’ve been freelancing for about 10 years. I love the flexibility and the variety of freelance writing and editing. I’m so grateful to the Internet for making it possible to do this kind of work with clients all over the country from my small town in central New Hampshire, and to join forums like this one to chat with colleagues.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Hi Marsha. Welcome to All Freelance Writing. 🙂

If you don’t mind me asking, what kind of freelancing to specialize in?

Jennifer Mattern - Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Owns AllFreelanceWriting.com | Also blogs at: NakedPR.com & BizAmmo.com

Marcia Santore
    Participant

Hi Jennifer,

I tend to specialize in the arts and humanities, for the most part, although I don’t intentionally limit myself. For the arts, I have clients in visual art and music for whom I do things like websites, marketing collateral, press releases, and grant proposals, as well as doing some art journalism for Artscope magazine and some other publications. I also do editing and assessment writing for a client who needs supplemental material written for textbooks, mostly in the social sciences and nursing (although there was one really interesting project on motorcycle repair!). Before starting my own business about 10 years ago, I was the editor of a university magazine, which gave me the opportunity to write lots of long and short pieces on all kinds of topics, academic research, individual profiles, and cool projects people were doing.

I have wide-ranging interests, so I enjoy doing this kind of work a lot. It makes a great balance for the work I do as an artist (www.marciasantore.com).

Thanks!

Marcia

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The forum ‘Introduce Yourself’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Thanks for sharing!
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on Pinterest