JOIN

I'm so pleased to be here

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern March 15, 2017 at 1:29 pm.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

mrswrite
    Participant

Hi Everyone,
    I’m so very thrilled to have discovered this site and to be among my true peers.

I always get nervous doing introductions and talking about myself, so please bear with me.

I have been writing since I was 10 years old. My ultimate goal as a teen was to become a Journalist, but alas that ship has sailed. I’m actually a retired High School Agricultural teacher.

After I left teaching, I wrote for the international True Crime magazine, “Startling Detective.” In college I wrote for the University newspaper and I also wrote for the company newspaper at a medical company I was employed by years ago. Are you super impressed yet? Hahaha!

I have published a children’s book entitled, “What Would You Do?” which is for sale on Amazon. Please understand, I’m not trying to sell my book here, I’m just telling you what I’ve done. I also have a second children’s book which is completely finished and proofed, but hasn’t been released yet. Its title is, “Don’t Get Bitten: A Child’s Guide to Dog Safety.”
    I’m hoping to create a series before I make any attempts at marketing.

As you can tell, I have a weird sense of humor which has served me well throughout my life. I love animals and children and I am married with 6 Furry, extremely spoiled “babies”. I have been out of the work field since 1997. My dinosaur passed so I lacked transportation. Hahaha!

I’m now trying to start a home business freelance writing business and I’m really hoping to gain some knowledge and, hopefully, make some friends too.

So there you have it. How did I do? ?

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Hello there. Welcome to the community. 🙂

It sounds like you have a lot of great experience, in life and in publishing, that should translate very well to a new freelance writing venture. Wishing you lots of luck and success! 🙂

Jennifer Mattern - Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Owns AllFreelanceWriting.com | Also blogs at: NakedPR.com & BizAmmo.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for sharing!
Tweet about this on TwitterGoogle+Share on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on LinkedIn