JOIN

Is $100 a Day Enough?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern October 30, 2017 at 2:45 pm.

Viewing 11 post (of 11 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I don’t give much weight to the location argument. I covered the “global writer’s market” myth way back in 2006, and nothing’s changed. Just dropping this here for those who haven’t seen it.

The "Global Writers Market" (and Why it Doesn’t Exist)

No qualified writer, regardless of where they live, has to accept absurdly low rates from English-language clients. None. Now, many aren’t actually qualified. And some clients are fine with mediocre work if it means saving a buck. But I know more than my fair share of writers in low cost of living countries who charge just as much as their US and UK counterparts. That’s because professionals charge based on value. It’s more complicated, but that’s the gist of what it boils down to.

In the case of Lori’s article though, it’s not about what some writers are comfortable settling for in their careers. It’s about other freelancers advising new writers to pursue those rates — freelancers who have a vested interest in making new folks think that kind of pay is okay, as it keeps them out of actual professional markets.

Jennifer Mattern - Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Owns AllFreelanceWriting.com | Also blogs at: NakedPR.com & BizAmmo.com

Viewing 11 post (of 11 total)

The forum ‘Freelance Writing’ is closed to new topics and replies.

Thanks for sharing!
Tweet about this on TwitterShare on Google+Share on LinkedInPin on Pinterest