JOIN
A freelance directory price increase is coming. You can still advertise your freelance writing services for a one-time fee of $14.95 through Sunday, July 23rd.
Get your profile today.

Jenn's December Challenges – Accountability Thread

This topic contains 24 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern January 3, 2017 at 9:20 pm.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

12/20 Update

Nothing exciting Tuesday. Just one of my two easy days, so mostly rest.

Yoga
    Barre
    Plank Challenge

Jennifer Mattern - Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Owns AllFreelanceWriting.com | Also blogs at: NakedPR.com & BizAmmo.com

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

12/21 Update

I have some personal things to deal with today, and had an unexpected plumbing emergency that had to be dealt with, so no time for business progress today. Workouts will be done tonight whenever I finish up some other things I’ve been trying to get through. And today is another week down, so I’ll update the plan for tomorrow again as well. Changes should be fairly minor this week as I’m happier with progress overall.

For today:

Yoga
    Stairs
    Push-ups
    Dips
    Squats
    Plank Challenge
    Leg sets
    Ab & Lower Back sets
    Arm sets
    Chest & Upper Back sets

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

12/26 Update

I’ve been a bit distracted this past week, but I haven’t forgotten about any of this. I just haven’t been updating this thread (I use Todoist for my own tracking each day).

For the business challenge, things are coming along, but slower than I’d like. I’m going to have to kick things into high gear this week if I want to make the January 1st launch date. All it’s going to take is one really good day — I’ve launched entire blogs in a matter of hours, so about a little under a week is definitely doable, even though this one’s a little more complicated. Plus, I’ve already laid a lot of the groundwork.

For the personal challenge, I got through everything, though admittedly it was tough. Had a lot of my mind, too many distractions, and holiday stuff to contend with.

That said, the overall plan since my last update was a bit easier. I opted to cut the stairs. So now there’s no stairs and no cardio (other than walking which doesn’t count and isn’t scheduled). Running stairs was still technically an intense cardio burst, which is what I was trying to cut. And, frankly, I was so bored with them. I did like last week’s addition of the barre work though.

Here’s what the new schedule looks like, which started last Thursday. This is what I’ve been up to since the last update. (Oh… and my theory on that cardio work being more harmful than helpful compared to everything else — so far, so good. Dropped another 6 pounds in a week and a half. Going to keep my eye on things for another week or two, as I plan to continue this, even if not documented here, through January.)

Mondays – Yoga, Barre, Push-ups, Dips, Squats, Plank challenge, Arm sets, Chest / Upper Back sets, Leg sets, Ab & Lower Back Sets
    Tuesdays – Yoga, Barre, Plank Challenge
    Wednesdays – Yoga, Push-ups, Dips, Squats, Plank Challenge, Leg sets, Ab & Lower Back sets, Arm sets, Chest & Upper Back sets
    Thursdays – Yoga, Barre, Push-ups, Dips, Squats, Plank Challenge, Leg sets, Ab & Lower Back sets, Arm sets, Chest & Upper Back sets
    Fridays – Yoga, Barre, Plank Challenge
    Saturdays – Yoga, Barre, Push-ups, Dips, Squats, Leg sets, Ab & Lower Back sets, Arm sets, Chest & Upper Back sets
    Sundays – Yoga, Push-ups, Plank Challenge, Arm sets, Ab & Lower Back sets

Pretty much the same as the previous week other than the stairs. And I don’t anticipate making any further changes in the coming week. I seem to have hit a sweet spot, so I’m going to stick with it until I plateau, at which point I’ll increase reps again and consider new mini challenges.

No point in re-typing it here, so for today, I completed everything on the Monday list above. Lots of soccer this morning, and I knocked most of it out early so I could enjoy some lazy cuddle time with my pup (she loves to watch the matches with me).

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

12/27 Update

For today, I’ll be working through some random small tasks on the new site’s to-do list. And it’s an easy day for the personal challenge (knocked it all out early — yoga, barre, and plank challenge). Overall a pretty light day, though I do have some other work projects I want to spend time on.

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

Month-End Update

I’ve been a bit swamped over the past week or so, so sorry for the lack of updates.

For the December business challenge, I’m counting it as a win even though technically the site hasn’t launched yet.

I had it ready to go for a Jan. 1st evening soft launch. I thought I did actually. But I accidentally left the “coming soon / maintenance mode” plugin enabled. Oops! So I’ll be launching tomorrow when I put out a challenge launch post here on the blog. Close enough!

For the personal challenge, I did get all the workouts in. So yay for that!

Month-long I netted a total loss of 7 – 7.5 lbs. I’m very happy with that, especially given the rise mid-month when muscle tone really picked up. Still a lot of work to do, but I’m glad I started this in December instead of expecting myself to feel motivated in the New Year. Weight’s down. Feeling stronger. Looking more toned (arms really surprised me this month). All-in-all, December was a win. And hey… that was even with holiday feasts & Christmas cookies. So a major win at that!

The only public challenge on this front for January will be to drop another 6-8 lbs, once I figure out how I plan to do that. Not expecting that to be a problem though. Once I get my body moving in the right direction, as long as my hormones don’t get f*d up again, it seems to stay on that course almost effortlessly. Fingers crossed.

Viewing 5 posts - 21 through 25 (of 25 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for sharing!
Tweet about this on TwitterGoogle+Share on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on LinkedIn