Jenn's March Challenges – Accountability Thread

This topic contains 1 reply, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Jennifer Mattern April 10, 2017 at 5:33 am.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

I’ve been a bit bad about tracking monthly challenges here lately. I did well with December. I slacked off in January. And it was a mixed bag in February (did well with a weight loss challenge as I continue trying to get my body back after a medical issue caused a lot of gain several years back; did less well with a reading challenge because I was busy with unexpected projects & helping others out with some things).

For March, I’m hoping to keep it pretty simple:

– For my business challenge, I want to get at least very close to my goals for the 3-month challenge on a new blog. I’ve really slacked off with this. I am a terrible role model apparently.

– For my first personal challenge, I want to keep things moving along with the weight loss, toning, and flexibility. I’d like to push a little harder and lose at least 10 more pounds this month. I expect it to take me a little over a year from now to hit my ideal, though I’ll still be quite happy even if I don’t go quite that low. It all depends on whether or not my overall health cooperates, though I’ve had no reason to think it won’t.

– For my second personal challenge, I want to read 8 books this month. Long. Short. Fiction. Nonfiction. I don’t care. I just need to get back in the habit of regular reading and stop letting it be sacrificed every time something else comes up.

That’s it really — keep doing what I’m doing mostly, and then read more.

Jennifer Mattern - Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Owns AllFreelanceWriting.com | Also blogs at: NakedPR.com & BizAmmo.com

Jennifer Mattern
    Keymaster

So much for this being an accountability thread. I totally bombed my goals in March.

I didn’t do much of anything with that site. So now I have to make up that time.

My weight was a finicky thing. Unfortunately because it’s so tied to my hormones, stress can stall everything up. And I’ve had a bit too much on my mind lately. The month started out good, down 5 lbs in the first third of the month. But it quickly came back (not water weight btw… just the way my body is; when stress screws with the hormones, my weight locks into a plateau that no amount of working out or nutritional changes seems to affect). All in all, it evened out, and I am not at all happy about. So big changes are in store for April.

And I still didn’t make much time for reading. I feel awful about that. I miss it terribly, but I keep getting sidetracked with other things. My schedule should free up a bit in May, so I’ll be working more books in for April as well. I did, however, read a delightfully funny novel, Neurotica, by Eliza Gordon (aka Jenn Sommersby). It was a light read, had me laughing out loud quite often, and was exactly what I needed when I needed it. Highly recommended. 🙂

Jennifer Mattern - Professional Blogger, Freelance Business Writer, Author

Owns AllFreelanceWriting.com | Also blogs at: NakedPR.com & BizAmmo.com

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Thanks for sharing!
Tweet about this on TwitterGoogle+Share on FacebookPin on PinterestShare on LinkedIn