So far the only print work I've done is ghostwriting trade magazine pieces for business clients, and I haven't even done a huge amount of that. I'd really love to get something published in print in my own name, just for the sake of doing something different (although I doubt I'd ever make it a priority over Web writing). I've been recently looking into some magazine markets to see who I'd like to pitch when I have some time, and I thought I'd share some places where you can find freelance magazine markets if you're also interested:
- WritersMarket.com - This is a paid site, and one of the more popular options. You can search both consumer and trade magazines here.
- MediaBistro - If you join their Avant Guild program, you can access their "how to pitch" articles, which offer detailed pitching advice for quite a few magazines.
- WritersWeekly.com - You can find quite a few magazine markets in this ezine.
- The Writer's Life - This site offers free listings of paying magazine markets.
Do you have other favorite resources for finding freelance magazine markets or other writers' markets online?
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Reader Question: How Can Freelance Writers Sell Poetry & Fiction? - January 16, 2018
- Weekend Reading: 5 Posts on Personal Branding - January 12, 2018
- Reader Question: Will Being a Weekend Warrior Turn Off Freelance Writing Clients? - January 10, 2018
- Reader Question: How to Estimate Project Time When Quoting Freelance Writing Jobs - January 8, 2018
- Weekend Reading: 10 Posts on Getting Started in Freelance Writing - January 5, 2018