Professional Freelance Writer Directory
Information for Clients
Are you tired of being bombarded with pitches from unqualified writers when you advertise on classified or bidding marketplaces? If you're looking to pull your next writer from a more professional pool, look no further.
The All Freelance Writing Freelance Writer Directory features only experienced professionals. You can browse their profiles below by category or search for any keyword related to your project and use the contact information each writer provides to discuss project details with them. (Note: All Freelance Writing allows writers to advertise their services, but is in no way involved with the hiring process or client-freelancer relationship beyond that.)
Not finding the perfect match in the directory? Consider posting an ad on the freelance writing job board instead.
Information for Writers
Most high paying freelance writing jobs are never publicly advertised. Clients frequently search for qualified writers independently. They find writers through referrals. Or they receive direct queries. Help those clients find you with a listing in our professional freelance writer directory.*
If you're looking for advertised gigs in the meantime, consider browsing my freelance writing job board, where I post ads direct-from-clients as well as curate ads from other sources (the vast majority featuring pay information so there's no guessing before you take the time to apply).
Experienced Content Writer and Editor
Name: James Vacey
Type of Writer: Business Writer / Copywriter
Location: United States
Rate Type: per article (or blog post)
Average / Typical Rate:
My Website / Portfolio:
Writing for fishbat, I have been featured on several blog sites including Social Media Today, Soshable.com and Business 2 Community. Having blogs featured on these sites has brought maximum exposure for fishbat and assisted in their SEO campaign. My creative writing skills have given me the flexibility to cover a broad range of topics from social media to entertainment.
As Chief Content Editor, I was charged with the responsibility of Blogger Outreach to gain maximum exposure for client product awareness. I managed a team of interns performed fishbat’s Blogger Outreach strategy as well as build professional relationships with blog editors.
Editing for fishbat has helped me perform independently multiple research projects and meet difficult deadlines. While maintaining quality control on the content released by fishbat in the form of blogs, press releases and website content, I was charged with the responsibility of tracking productivity among interns. My editing responsibilities have challenged my organizational skills as well as put me into a position of leadership among interns responsible for producing content.
As a former United States Marine and an honors’ student, I am confident that my attention to detail – combined with my writing and research skills – have equipped me with the ability to achieve success in any work environment.
Experience / Education / Qualifications
EXPERIENCE fishbat Inc., 25 Orville Dr. Bohemia NY 11741
Chief Content Editor October 2011 - Present
• Edit content for grammar and typographical errors
• Write Press Releases for several clients; uploaded to PR Web
• Blog weekly for agency’s SEO strategy
• Optimize client web content with keywords
• Manage team of interns for Blogger Outreach
• Assist SEO Director in creating weekly Google Ranking reports
• Manage website’s blog (powered by WordPress)
Ultimate Athlete Magazine, Riverhead NY 11901
Freelance Writer September 2010 – July 2011
• Write performance articles on assigned local high school football teams
Marvel Entertainment, LLC, New York, NY 10020
Intern for Promotional Department February 22, 2011 – May 25, 2011
• Internet research on promotional deals for upcoming movies
• Attended phone meetings with Latin American sister companies
• Wrote out outlines for Bi-Weekly Meetings
• Researched and organized contact information for potential cliental
Dowling College Oakdale, NY
BA, History and English (Creative Writing), 2012
St. Joseph’s College Patchogue, NY
BA, History, GPA 3.5, 2010
Suffolk Community College Selden, NY
Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts, GPA 3.7, 2006
Dowling College English Honors 2011
Dowling College Dean’s List, 2010 - 2011
St. Joseph’s College Dean’s List, 2007 – 2008
Suffolk Community College Academic Achievement Award, 2005
Suffolk Community College Phi Theta Kappa Honor Society, 2004
Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Microsoft Power Point, Prezi, Google Docs, Google Analytics, Majestic SEO, Keyword Density Tool, WordPress
How to Contact Me
* My emphasis is on featuring more experienced writers. I set limits on rates accepted here (no less than $50 per article / per page / per hour), so you don't have to worry about getting lost in a sea of beginners or extremely low-priced writers in the all-too-common "race to the bottom" marketplace bidding structure. Here you can have a presence in a professional marketplace for a one-time fee of $24.95.