Professional Freelance Writer Directory
Information for Clients
Are you tired of being bombarded with pitches from unqualified writers when you advertise on classified or bidding marketplaces? If you're looking to pull your next writer from a more professional pool, look no further.
The All Freelance Writing Freelance Writer Directory features only experienced professionals. You can browse their profiles below by category or search for any keyword related to your project and use the contact information each writer provides to discuss project details with them. (Note: All Freelance Writing allows writers to advertise their services, but is in no way involved with the hiring process or client-freelancer relationship beyond that.)
Not finding the perfect match in the directory? Consider posting an ad on the freelance writing job board instead.
Information for Writers
Most high paying freelance writing jobs are never publicly advertised. Clients frequently search for qualified writers independently. They find writers through referrals. Or they receive direct queries. Help those clients find you with a listing in our professional freelance writer directory.*
If you're looking for advertised gigs in the meantime, consider browsing my freelance writing job board, where I post ads direct-from-clients as well as curate ads from other sources (the vast majority featuring pay information so there's no guessing before you take the time to apply).
Author & Freelance Copywriter, Blogger, and Social Media Consultant
Name: Aubre Andrus
Type of Writer: Other Freelance Writers
Rate Type: per hour
Average / Typical Rate:
My Website / Portfolio: http://www.aubreandrus.com
Words have taken me far. To the newsroom, the glossies, the Internet and beyond.
This word warrior has championed editorial departments across the vast Midwest and come out the other side a victorious freelance hot shot ready to tackle your toughest assignments. No cape required.
Raised in the Chicago ‘burbs with Badger red blood in her veins, Aubre Andrus has been reading and writing stories since the first day she could read and write stories.
A journalism and film degree from the University of Wisconsin (as well as a Lois Lane-like stint as a newspaper reporter and editor) led her to her dream job as an editor at a national magazine. The web eventually seduced her, and she stepped into the land of social media and marketing copywriting for an international fashion retailer.
Now she runs her own freelance writing business working with her favorite brands and publications, including American Girl, EXPRESS and WIRED. She’s a crafty word nerd with a knack for brainstorming and an appetite for information and inspiration. Her super strengths include technology, travel and DIY projects. Oh, she’s a published author, too.
Experience / Education / Qualifications
AUTHOR & FREELANCE WRITER
May 2010 – Present
• Clients include American Girl, EXPRESS, FamilyFun and Photojojo.com, among others
• Author of four non-fiction books for kids to be published in 2012
• Weekly blogger for WIRED; blog two days per week covering tech and DIY trends
• Technology feature writer for TomsGuide.com
• Social media consultant for CareerBuilder; Write all Facebook copy for Express
COPYWRITER at EXPRESS
November 2009 – April 2011 in Columbus, OH
• Wrote fun and fresh dual gender marketing copy for international fashion retailer including daily copy for social media and express.com; named products; wrote e-commerce product descriptions
• Meticulously followed creative briefs to meet client’s needs and deadlines
• Sole copyeditor for all copy at Express including all garment marketing, in-store signage, direct mail pieces and emails
LIFESTYLE EDITOR at AMERICAN GIRL/MATTEL
July 2007 – July/August 2010 issue in Middleton, WI
• Produced, wrote and edited original lifestyle content for American Girl magazine; wrote cover lines; features ranked #1 in surveys, appeared in marketing materials, developed into books
• Managed and wrote web content for magazine section of americangirl.com
• Acted as main stylist; lead role in all photo shoots & model castings
• Consistently generated compelling and relevant ideas by leading brainstorms each issue
• Encouraged brand experiences through development of content for 7 nationwide AG retail stores
ASSOCIATE EDITOR at AMERICAN GIRL/MATTEL
August 2006 – July 2007 in Middleton, WI
• Wrote original content for American Girl magazine; edited letters from readers
• Created weekly content for americangirl.com; read and edited thousands of reader emails weekly
Deputy News Editor, The Badger Herald, 2005 – 2006
Volunteer Troop Leader, Girl Scouts, 2008 – 2009
City Editor, The Badger Herald, 2004 – 2005
City Editor Intern, Wisconsin State Journal, 2005
Public Relations Intern, American Girl, 2006
Marketing Intern, Madison Children’s Museum, 2004
Final Cut Pro, WordPress, Tumblr, Twitter, Facebook pages; basic HTML, CSS, SEO, Dreamweaver, InDesign and Photoshop; Equipment: MacBook, Nikon D40 camera, video camera and iPhone
BA, Journalism, University of Wisconsin
double major in TV & Film
How to Contact Me
* My emphasis is on featuring more experienced writers. I set limits on rates accepted here (no less than $50 per article / per page / per hour), so you don't have to worry about getting lost in a sea of beginners or extremely low-priced writers in the all-too-common "race to the bottom" marketplace bidding structure. Here you can have a presence in a <em>professional</em> marketplace for a <strong>one-time fee of $24.95</strong> which helps weed out inexperienced writers while also helping to support this site.