Neuroscientist and Electophysiologist
Name: Darpan Chakraborty
Type of Writer: Blogger / Web Content Writer
Location: United States
Rate Type: per article (or blog post)
Average / Typical Rate: $50 - 100
My Website / Portfolio: https://www.linkedin.com/in/darpan-chakraborty-42607624/
Critical thinker, international team player, fast learner, and goal-oriented innovative neuroscientist with 8 years of experience in managing over 11 research projects in the areas of Basic and Translational neuroscience. Highly productive scientific career with 8+ publications with 3 first author articles in high impact peer-reviewed journals and 5+ presentations at national and international conferences and meetings. Commitment to exceptional quality of work was rewarded with $421,000 NIH grant funding for the research group.
Experience / Education / Qualifications
Icahn School of Medicine Mount Sinai, USA; Postdoctoral Researcher (Sept.2018 -Present)
Project: Elucidating the role of long-term effects of a single episode of traumatic stress (TS) in early adolescent versus adult mice with differential contribution of Neuromodulators.
• Design behavioral paradigms to measure anxiety and depression phenotypes.
• Brain wide high throughput in vivo calcium imaging, fiber photometry and electrophysiological assay for cellular activity of different subtype of neurons;
• Measure dysfunction of ion-channel dynamics and linked the effect with behavioral disabilities.
The Johns Hopkins University, USA; Postdoctoral fellow (Nov 2017 – August 2018)
Project: The role of acute deafening in recovery of Thalamocortical (TC) long-term potentiation in adult primary visual cortex(V1).
• Evaluate cross-modal plasticity;
• Dissect thalamocortical long term potentiation (LTP); Explore the imbalance in Excitation/Inhibition ratio and NMDA receptor function.
Istituto Italiano di Tecnologia, Genoa, Italy Predoctoral fellow (Feb 2012 – Sept.2013)
Project: Causality between beta 3 integrin haplo-insufficiency and synapse specific impairment in pre- and postsynaptic activity under autistic conditions.
• Establish integrin expressing HEK cell line and neuronal culture.
• Ion-channel specific conductance measurement.
• Identify pre or post synaptic dynamics in ex-vivo and in-vivo studies.
National Brain Research Center, Gurgaon, India; Project Assistant (Oct 2010 – Jan2012)
Project: Synergistic role of hypoxia and Notch signaling in formation of solid tumors including glioblastoma (GBM).
• Determine the hypoxia effect on different protein level of neurosphere culture.
• Sort and quantify the hypoxia affected neuronal and gial cells.
How to Contact Me