Freelance Writers - Outdoors / Hunting / Firearms
Date Added: 02/05/2021
Job Category: Blogging / Web Content Writing
Hiring Company: Survival Magazine LLC
Local candidates only? No
Budget (per post / page / document): $100 - 250 (PRO RATE)
# Who We're Looking For
We're looking to hire 1-2 writers who can contribute a minimum of 6,000 words (2-3 articles) per week about outdoors gear and firearm accessories.
For each article, we will provide you with:
* Detailed writing guidelines
* Products to include & some basic research
* Competitor articles you'll need to beat
Above all, you'll need good research skills (Googling / YouTube / Reddit) since the topics can be very specific at times. You should be able to convincingly write from a position of expertise/authority.
Outdoors/hunting/firearms experience is a plus, but it's not required.
# About Us
We're a small-ish media company with multiple web assets under management in various niches - cybersec, outdoors, audio, legal & more.
We're looking expand our content production capacity ASAP to hit our growth goals for 2021.
# The Kind Of Content We're Looking For
* Your writing should be helpful & easy-to-read
* Short, catchy, "hooky" intros are a must
* Clean, concise & professional
* Your final submitted draft should be one of the best articles in Google search results on the topic
* Your article should answer all questions that the reader might have about the topic
* American English
* It's OK if you're not a native speaker, but you should write like one
* More specific details will be provided in writing guidelines
# Compensation & Workload
* Our budget for this project is $0.06/word
* We provide stable, consistent workload. We assign articles to write every week, without fail.
* Flexible workload. We can assign as few as 6,000 words per week, or however much you can handle without sacrificing the quality.
* You get paid weekly. Payment via PayPal invoice, unless agreed otherwise.
* You must be able to commit to at least 2 articles per week (2,500- 3,000 words each)
* You should be able to research & familiarize yourself with the topics provided using Google, YouTube and Reddit
* You should be able to handle critical feedback and adjust accordingly
* Proactively communicate with the team via agreed channels to clarify any issues that might arise
* Self-motivated and highly-organized, able to work independently
* Writing samples required
How to Apply
Please submit your application within the following Google form:
If we think you’re a good match for us, we’ll be in touch. From there, we'll arrange a brief interview via Skype, Zoom, or email. We may ask you to complete a paid trial article, depending on your portfolio.
We move fast in this process and are motivated to fill this position quickly.