Freelance writer (financial prospectus)
Date Added: 05/27/2021
Job Category: Business Writing / Copywriting
Hiring Company: Unison Holdings LLC
Location: Grand Rapids, Michigan
Local candidates only? No
Budget (per post / page / document): $500 - 750 (PRO RATE)
Who we are looking for:
A writer with provable prior experience of writing/assembling an investment prospectus targeted at qualified individual investors and equity investment companies within the US.
We estimate the prospectus would be 2500-3000 words in length. Depending on what the selected writer advises us to include or exclude from such an investment prospectus, final word count could be either higher or lower.
What we are:
A small IT company based in Grand Rapids, Michigan, at the end stage of developing a desktop and mobile app. The company’s sole activity is the development of this one app. At present, we have no salaried staff or revenue.
Purpose of the investment prospectus:
To raise investor funding in order (1) to fund the completion of the coding and testing of the app prior to its release into the market; (2) to provide adequate cash flow funding to cover the first year of the company’s estimated running costs as the app is unrolled and developed into the market.
Who the prospectus is aiming at:
Qualified investors or equity investment companies, with prior experience of investing in start-ups in the IT/tech space.
When we need the prospectus back to us: End-June (or thereabouts)
Legal: we would require the selected writer to sign a Non-Disclosure Agreement with us.
Resources available to the writer:
• We have created sales and marketing tools which explain what the app is (what it does, and how it does it), its value to users, and its application into different market segments (particularly to real estate). These would all be made available to the writer.
• Screen shots of the app
• One of the company’s three owners, who originated the app concept and has been its lead developer throughout, would be available by phone/Zoom/email throughout the writing process to explain or clarify any of the app’s processes and market advantages.
• A summary of the funding already invested into the app by the company’s owners.
• A summary of the funding required:
o to bring the app to market (coding completion and testing)
o for estimated first-year running costs of developing the app into the market
• Proposed equity arrangements for the investor(s). We expect any investor to take an equity position in the company in return for funding.
• A summary of the sales process currently envisioned by the owners for the app (app sales, app subscriptions)
• A summary of the patent status (countries in which patents currently approved, patents still pending approval)
It is essential that the selected writer has provable experience of preparing financial pitch documents, as we would need to rely on the writer’s own experience in this specific field of writing to format the investment prospectus in the appropriate style/layout, and include whatever information is relevant to such financial documents, so that the document is accessible and format-familiar to those investors who receive it.
Ideally, this prior writing experience would be in the IT/tech space, but your experience in writing financial prospectuses (in any industry sector) is of key value to us.
To that end, we would need to see, suitably redacted, examples of prior writing in this specific financial investment area.
Brevity/terseness is to be encouraged. The prospectus needs to be balanced: financially objective while calmly enthusiastic about the app’s inherent market usefulness and potential profitability.
Ideally, you would also have some aptitude in visual layouts, so that the document is easy to read and laid out in an accessible way (through font size, use of color, use of images, headings), while remaining consistent with documents of this financial nature.
How to Apply
Contact us today! We strongly encourage you to make contact with us if you feel this opportunity is something which your writing experience would be good for.
Please write to Ralph at firstname.lastname@example.org (I am one of the business owners).
Please include your rate (whether per word, per page, or for the project), and your availability. We have indicated project pay of $500-$750, but, because of the uncertainty of final project length, this is an estimate. We will consider any pay request which is both reasonable and competitive.
Thank you for your time to read this job notice, and we look forward to hearing back from you.