Addiction and Recovery Writer
Date Added: 01/23/2023
Job Category: Science, Health & Medical Writing
Hiring Company: WebMD
Local candidates only? No
Budget (per post / page / document): $100 - 250 (PRO RATE)
WebMD is seeking freelance medical writers to cover addiction recovery topics. Articles will range from 1000-1500 words each. Pay starts at $100 per article.
- Writers with current or recent work experience as an addiction counselor, substance abuse social worker, clinical social worker, or in related fields are especially encouraged to apply.
- Those with a Bachelor's or Master's degree in addiction counseling, Master of social work, nursing degrees, or a Bachelor's in journalism, marketing, communications, or English (alongside medical writing experience) are also encouraged to apply.
- Have a medical research / writing background
- Able to write about complex medical topics in an accessible way for a lay audience
- Experience interviewing subject matter experts