As a lead-in to my review of the WordPress Anthologize plugin coming later this week, let's look at turning your blog into a book (or using it to land a book deal). Whether you're trying to decide if that's the right option for you or you want to learn how you can blog your book, here are some resources that might point you in the right direction.
There are a mix of opinions here along with the pros and cons of going this route. So take it all in and make the right decision for your own niche, situation, and book idea.
- Blog a Short Book During National Book Blogging Month - By Nina Amir at HowToBlogABook.com
- From Blog to Book Deal: How 6 Authors Did It - By Brenna Ehrlich at Mashable
- How to Turn Your Blog Into a Book - By Scott Berkun at WordPress.com
- Should You Blog Your Novel? - By Rachelle Gardner at RachelleGardner.com
- 7 Tips for Turning Your Blog Into a Book - By Brian A. Klems at WritersDigest.com
- How to Self-Publish a Book With WordPress - By Sarah Gooding at WP Tavern
- Please Don't Blog Your Book: 4 Reasons Why - By Jane Friedman at JaneFriedman.com
Have you considered blogging a book? Have you used a blog to land a deal with a publisher? Tell us why you chose this path (or not) in the comments.
- Why You Should Diversify Your Writing Income (& 5 Ways to do It) - March 16, 2021
- How the PRO Act Could Hurt Freelance Writers (& What You Can do About It) - March 2, 2021
- Revenue Sharing 2.0 (& Why it Still Sucks for Writers) - February 26, 2021