Last week was my first full week working on the mystery novel draft. I didn't do so hot. I found myself repeatedly distracted by other work-related things.
But I know there are no excuses, so this week will be better (I start counting new weeks on Monday for anything work-related).
I promise, promise, promise that I will do my bare minimum of 500 words today.
On a positive note, one day last week I did try the double-session I mentioned (two separate 500-word blocks during the day). It worked well. If I can get myself in the habit of doing it regularly, I think that could be a good system for me. I got more done, without feeling like I was doing more - if only I could find ways to do that in all aspects of my life. 🙂
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Feeling Stuck in a Freelance Writing Rut? Stop Making Stupid Choices. - May 1, 2017
- Are You Working the Wrong Freelance Writing Schedule? - April 24, 2017
- Spring Cleaning for Freelance Writers - April 19, 2017
- Modeling Your Freelance Writing Career for Ongoing Motivation - April 17, 2017
- Reader Question: Freelance Writing Niches and No Experience - April 15, 2017