If you've ever run a website or blog of your own, chances are good you've had some of your content stolen. This can be an especially frustrating situation if you find that the thief took not only one of your articles, but the entire contents of your website or blog through scraping.
I'm currently working on a guest post for Kathryn Aragon about why shutting down content thieves matters now more than ever, how you can identify the more anonymous thieves, and how you can make them pay (if you're the vengeful type).
While I hope you'll check that out when it's up on her blog, in the meantime I wanted to share some additional background reading that might be of interest if you've discovered someone stealing your content. Enjoy!
- How to Stop Content Scraping (Or At Least Slow It Down) - By Kathryn Aragon at KathrynAragon.com
- 10 Tools to Help Protect Your Blog From Content Theft - By Adam Connell at ProBlogger.net
- How to Prevent Content Theft - By Heidi Nyline at SocialMediaToday.com
- 6 Steps to Fight Content Theft - By Christopher Haddad at HubSpot
- How to Protect Your Blog From Content Theft - By Morgan Johnes at ShoutingBlogger.com
- Do DMCA Notices Work Outside the U.S.? - At WhoIsHostingThis.com
- The DMCA Takedown Notice Demystified - By Ken Liu at SFWA.org
- Sample DMCA Take Down Letter - By Gene Quinn at IPWatchdog.com
Have you ever had to deal with content scrapers? Are you worried about the implications of bad links from these theft-driven sites? When you find out your content has been stolen, what do you do about it, if anything?
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Your Freelance Writing Bucket List - January 22, 2018
- Weekend Reading: Market Research for Freelance Writers - January 20, 2018
- Bullshit Freelance Writing Advice (Why Writers Believe It & What You Really Need to Know) - January 19, 2018
- Reader Question: How Can Freelance Writers Sell Poetry & Fiction? - January 16, 2018
- Weekend Reading: 5 Posts on Personal Branding - January 12, 2018