One of my most-recommended resources for writers is WordPress. I suggest that freelancers not only use it to manage a blog that could attract clients, but also as a platform for their professional website. In fact, WordPress makes it simple to run a combination professional site / blog.
As this week comes to a close, let's look at some posts that cover helpful tips and tricks for how freelance writers can make the most of WordPress as a Web publishing platform.
- How to Use WordPress to Set up a Combination Professional Site and Blog -- By Jennifer Mattern (yeah, me) at DirJournal.com
- Who Will Pick Up Where WordPress Left Off? -- By John O'Nolan at Fast Company (You'll find a better read in the comments on this one.)
- 6 Quick and Simple WordPress Security Tips -- By Solomon Thimothy at BloggingPro
- How to Choose a Home Page Layout for Your WordPress Website -- By Jon Dykstra at Kikolani
- Top 5 Free WordPress Themes of the Month -- June 2013 Edition -- By Tom Ewer at ManageWP
- 5 WordPress Plugins to Boost SEO in 2013 -- By Martha Buckly at IntenseBlog
- Beginner's Guide to Writing a Blog Post in WordPress Using Microsoft Word (or Another Word Processor) -- By Aaron Baldassare at Falconer
- 15 Top Best Writers WordPress Themes -- At WPtemplate
Speaking of blogs, here's a sneak peek of the new blog at AllFreelanceWriting.com. I haven't finished the sidebar yet, but as you can see, it should give you a fairly familiar feel to the blog here.
Jenn has 18 years experience writing for others, around 13 years experience in blogging, and over 10 years experience in indie e-book publishing. She is also an Active member of the Horror Writers Association.
Subscribe to the All Indie Writers newsletter to get personal updates from Jenn in your inbox.
Latest posts by Jennifer Mattern (see all)
- Reader Question: How Can Freelance Writers Sell Poetry & Fiction? - January 16, 2018
- Weekend Reading: 5 Posts on Personal Branding - January 12, 2018
- Reader Question: Will Being a Weekend Warrior Turn Off Freelance Writing Clients? - January 10, 2018
- Reader Question: How to Estimate Project Time When Quoting Freelance Writing Jobs - January 8, 2018
- Weekend Reading: 10 Posts on Getting Started in Freelance Writing - January 5, 2018