You can post your writer profile to the professional freelance writer directory using the form below. Please review the terms and conditions below before submitting your profile. Please note, I manually review and approve all directory submissions. I review them as soon as I see the payment notification emails come through. This is usually within 24 hours (often much faster), but over weekends or holidays it may take up to 48 hours. If you don't see your profile in the directory after that time, please contact me.
Freelance Writer Profile Tips
The results you see from your writer profile depend partly on the copy in your profile itself. Keep these tips in mind if you want to appeal to freelance writing prospects:
- Before submitting your profile, register and/or login to this site. If you're logged in when your profile is submitted, you'll be able to come back to this page to update your submission if any information changes.
- When providing contact information, don't simply list your website or email address. Include a call-to-action (CTA) telling prospects exactly what they should do.
- Focus your profile on benefits to your target clients. It's not just a laundry list of what you've done. It's a list of what you can do for someone else and how your skills can benefit them.
- Be specific about the services you offer. If you simply say you're open to writing everything, you won't stand out when a client needs a certain type of writer and there are plenty of specialists to choose from. Remember, you want to stand out against other writers promoting similar services, so make it clear what sets you apart.
- Choose the best category for your work. Many of us take on more than one project type, but you're limited to one category here. Consider which service you want to focus on most heavily, but also how many competing writers there are in a category. For example, if you take on technical writing but also blog about tech topics, you'll stand out more in the technical writer category because there are fewer writers there (as of the time I'm publishing this).