About All Freelance Writing
All Freelance Writing has been helping new freelance writers build successful freelance writing careers for well over a decade.
The site is owned by professional blogger, freelance business writer and author, Jenn Mattern. She won't coddle you. She won't feed you feel-good lines about how anyone and everyone can be a successful writer, that this is easy, or that you're guaranteed success if you just do X, Y, or Z.
There are plenty of other freelance writing sites that will feed you whatever BS you want to hear (usually to sell you on their false promises later). At All Freelance Writing what you'll find is the truth.
Writing is real work. And All Freelance Writing is a collection of resources, advice, and tips for those who strive to become professional freelance writers and succeed in their writing careers. Even more, it's a site for those who want to learn the business side of freelancing and who are eager to to put in that work.
If you think a writing career is going to be handed to you, All Freelance Writing isn't for you. If you're looking for someone to reinforce delusions like...
- writing for content mills or media sites that exploit writers is a smart way to get your foot in the door as a freelance writer;
- if you can write reasonably well, that's all you need to succeed in freelance writing;
- it's a great idea to put all your eggs in the bidding sites basket because "that's where the clients are;"
- it's enough to browse job boards and apply for gigs;
- joining a "tribe" for the perpetual echo chamber and constant self-gratuitous cross-promotion is the best way to promote yourself or your content;
... you probably won't like what you read here.
But if you're serious about your writing career, you're willing to work for it, and you want advice, tips, and resources that can help you out along the way, then you're in the right place.
While All Freelance Writing offers some premium features and products, the vast majority of resources here are free. That's the way it's always been on this site. And that's the way it will stay. Want to see what All Freelance Writing has to offer?
All Freelance Writing History
All Freelance Writing was launched in 2006, originally as a collaborative blog called Six Figure Writers.
The All Freelance Writing brand launched in 2007 when SixFigureWriters.com was merged with Mattern's freelance writing jobs site, formerly at AllFreelanceWritingJobs.com (now the All Freelance Writing Job Board).
Over the years, All Freelance Writing alternated between operating as a multi-contributor website and a single-author blog. For a while it was re-branded as All Indie Writers and the site catered to indie authors and bloggers in addition to freelancers.
Today there is much less emphasis on the blog (which features well over 1000 articles for writers).
Instead, the site serves as a resource for freelance writers early in their careers with updated freelance writing jobs, a writers' market database, freelance writer directory, online tools and templates, e-books, and more.
About Jennifer Mattern
Jennifer Mattern is a freelance business writer, PR consultant, professional blogger, and author.
Jenn has been writing for others since 1999 and she began blogging and other web development projects in 2004. She currently owns and manages numerous websites and blogs covering topics such as small business, writing, indie publishing, PR, and more.
She has published several e-books since 2006 on topics including public relations and freelance writing. She also writes fiction under multiple pen names.
Before becoming a full-time writer and publisher in 2008, Jenn owned a PR firm where she was an early specialist in online PR and social media consulting. Now she reserves those marketing and PR skills for her own business, occasional consulting with long-time clients, and teaching writers how to better build a writer platform and gain visibility for their work.
Jenn understands what it takes to succeed as a freelance professional and writer. Through All Freelance Writing she hopes to put her experiences to use helping other freelance writers pursue their own successful writing careers.
Below are some of our post popular resources for writers, found exclusively through All Freelance Writing.
New to All Freelance Writing? Start with some of the best content in the archives.
- Freelance Writing Pros on What They Wish They Knew as Beginners
- BS Freelance Writing Advice (Why Writers Believe it & What You Really Need to Know)
- 101 Resources for Freelance Writers
- 5 Freelance Writer Websites Done Well
- Websites & Blogs That Pay Writers $100 per Article & More
- Freelance Writing Markets Paying $1000 per Article or More
- 7 Unconventional Ways to Find Freelance Writing Jobs
- Setting Freelance Writing Rates so You Don't Get Screwed
- 11 Ways to Turn Your Creative Writing Passion Into Freelance Opportunities
- Why You'll Fail at Freelancing if You Suck at Math
- How to Get High Paying Freelance Writing Jobs
- A Real Look at Residual Income
- Demand Studios: Beyond the Rate Debate