Freelance Writer Profile
Environmental Writer / Professional Blogger
Name: Debra Atlas
Type of Writer: Blogger / Web Content Writer
Location: northern California & Texas
Rate Type: per article (or blog post)
Average / Typical Rate: $100 - 250
My Website / Portfolio: https://www.ebyline.com/people/833/settings/portfolio
As a professional journalist, the services I offer include:
Newspaper feature articles, newspaper columns,
Magazine feature articles, Green Lifestyles / Product Reviews
As a professional blogger, I can provide:
Website content / articles, Onsite green-related conference / event blogging
Article content expertise encompasses environmental issues, endangered species issues, sustainability, food & soil relationship issues (food scarcity, composting, organics, etc.)
Experience / Education / Qualifications
* October 2014 – Present Regular contributor to Earth 911.com (see http://www.earth911.com/author/datlas/), an online resource that provides consumers with important environmentally-related content, eco-friendly products and information that will help consumers lead a greener lifestyle
* November 2013 – Present Regular contributor to aNewsCafe.com http://bit.ly/1kfwrnd, a well-read and respected online news magazine covering stories and issues in Northern California
* March 2013 – May 2014 Regular contributor of business-focused articles to U.S. Green Chamber of Commerce monthly newsletter http://www.usgreenchamber.com. Topics cover a broad range of subjects that are useful to green businesses, including venture capital investment opportunities and the value of becoming a Benefit Corporation.
* May 2014 – Present Freelance writer for Record Searchlight newspaper (www.redding.com). Stories focused on local environmental and/or local human interest stories and/or events
* June 2008 – May 2014 Freelance writer and former columnist, Record Searchlight newspaper. Debra’s weekly column, Distinctly Green http://bit.ly/1tKCF2p, focused on innovative, environmentally-related products and alternative energy solutions. Produce featured green-related news and human interest stories. All stories are well researched and all products were tested to eliminate possible greenwashing.
* Established Envirothink (www.Envirothink.Wordpress.com), a blog that presents the latest eco-related news, eco-innovations, sustainability issues and other critical, environmentally-related issues. The articles are insightful, well-researched and always include stunning photographs to enhance each story.
* April 2009 - Present Eco Editor and regular contributor for Red Ferret Journal (http://bit.ly/1I5eF0h) , a well-known international website dedicated to presenting the latest innovations and gadgets from around the globe. Debra gathers information on the latest eco-related tech / gadgets, then create posts that introduce readers to them
* August 2011 – February 2013 Staff Writer for SierraClubGreenHome, a website that provides original content designed to help consumers make their homes more energy efficient, environmentally sustainable and healthy.
* August 2010 – September 2012 Researched and provided monthly product reviews for innovative green products for the “Fresh Ideas” section of Change Magazine (Houston)
“System of Rice Intensification Brings Hope to Global Rice Production”, Earth Island Journal http://bit.ly/1vtQbKJ,.
“The New Face of Retail” (on the LEED for Retail certification program), Sustainable Industries Magazine’s annual “Green Guide for Real Estate 2008” http://bit.ly/14vN8Uf - available in print and online.