Freelance Writer Profile
Freelance Business Writer Serving the Landscape, Lawn Care, and Garden Industries
Name: Wendy Komancheck
Type of Writer: Blogger / Web Content Writer
Rate Type: per article (or blog post)
Average / Typical Rate: $50 - 100
My Website / Portfolio: http://www.landscapewriter.com
PROFESSIONAL COPYWRITER (2004 – PRESENT)
• 200+ published credits online and in print
• Specializes in agriculture B2B writing
• Additional experience includes writing press releases, blogs, SEO articles and editing newsletters
• For a detailed list of my writing credits, please go here: http://snipurl.com/24ezr8k.
BRANDING STATEMENT: Accomplished writer, excellent interviewer and researcher. Able to take complicated information and write to people’s reading levels. Great people skills, asks appropriate interview questions to get to the heart of the story. Articles include case studies, profiles, press releases, blogs, SEO content, email, print, and web banner ads. Stays up-to-date with the business of freelance writing, copywriting trends, and the agriculture/green industry.
Experience / Education / Qualifications
- 200+ published credits online and in print
-Specializes in B2B writing in agriculture and other industries
-Wrote many articles for Moose River Media's many trade magazines
-Wrote numerous articles for three of my local newspapers
-Wrote articles for hobby farm magazines: Grit and Acres
-Wrote articles for a local custom content publisher in Pa.
-Wrote articles for Pa. regional magazines
-Edited copy for a local mission’s newsletter, brochure, and teaching workbook
-Additional experience includes writing press releases, blogs, SEO articles and editing newsletters
Copywriting, editing, proofreading, trade magazines, newspaper writing, regional magazines, consumer magazines, public relations, business journalism, corporate communications, grant writing, SEO writing and content marketing writing.
PRO BONO WORK
• Volunteer for Clay PTA and PTO, 2008 – 2012
• Newsletter editor for Clay PTO, 2010 – 2012
• Steering Committee for Lancaster Christian Writers, 2008 – 2009
• Press releases, grants, and other copywriting duties for Burning Hearts Community Church, Lancaster Art Association, Lancaster Evangelical Free Church, Ephrata Fair Association, SCORE – Lancaster Chapter, Washington Avenue Bible Church, Second Street Thrift Shops