Recently we talked about how to write a blog business plan. As promised, I've put together a simple blog business plan template that you can use for your own niche or business blog.
Why Have a Blog Business Plan?
If you want to make money blogging, a blog business plan is a must. Business plans help you get a better picture of where your business (in this case a blog) currently stands, how you can better compete in your market, and how you can run a more profitable venture.
My blog business plan template helps you evaluate a variety of things such as:
- The overall mission or concept behind your blog;
- Your business structure (so you can alter it if appropriate);
- Your strengths and weaknesses (so you can use or overcome them);
- Your budget (so you can control blog costs and maximize revenue);
- Your blog revenue streams;
- Your business and marketing goals;
- Your primary competition;
- And much more.
Download the Blog Business Plan Template
You can download my blog business plan template in an editable Word document (.doc) here:
Note: This blog business plan template doesn't go into the topic of blog content strategy. We'll discuss that more in the New Year, mostly at my new blog on blogging -- WritingForBloggers.com. It officially launches January second, but there's plenty of content there to get you started. Be sure to check it out.
- 30 Queries in 30 Days – Freelance Writing Challenge - June 23, 2020
- 30 Blog Posts in 30 Days Blogging Challenge - June 22, 2020
- Reader Question: How Can My Freelance Writing Business Survive the Coronavirus Pandemic? - April 3, 2020