We've talked a lot about Scrivener lately, specifically using it for blogging. It's a great piece of software for writers. And it's adaptable to pretty much any kind of writing project you need to take on.
My favorite part of moving to this software so far has been its organizational features. They're helping me better manage a variety of projects. I can use it to keep track of client work. I even created templates for come of my more common client projects like white papers and case studies. I use it to manage content for several of my blogs. And I use it to outline, draft, and revise book and e-book manuscripts.
This weekend, I want to feature content and resources that can help you get just as much out of this tool. And remember, if you haven't tried it yet, they offer a 30 day free trial. It's plenty of time to test some of its features and see if it's right for you. Just know that you don't need to pick up all of its features early on. Focus on the basics, and you'll learn about the more in-depth features and tools as you need them down the road.
In the meantime, you can learn more by checking out some of the resources below.
Scrivener Links & Resources
- How to Write Faster and Get Organized with Scrivener -- By Gwen Hernandez at WriteToDone.com
- Scrivener: A Great Tool for Professional Bloggers -- by Sharon Hurley Hall at GetPaidToWriteOnline.com
- 5 Reasons I Switched to Scrivener for All My Writing -- By Michael Hyatt at MichaelHyatt.com
- Taking the Scary Out of Scrivener -- At the Writers in the Storm Blog
- Getting Started With Scrivener -- By James Cull at TutsPlus.com
- Scrivener Cheat Sheet (Downloadable) -- By C.K. MacLeod
- Power Up Your Writing Workflow: Make Better Use of Scrivener -- By Bakari Chavanu at MakeUseOf.com
This can be complicated software to learn, so spend a bit of time playing with it before giving up. And if you'd consider yourself an old pro, why not help your fellow writers get a better handle on it? Feel free to share your own tips, tools, and resources in the comments below.