In this week's episode of the All Freelance Writing Podcast, I highlight five common blogging myths and misunderstandings new bloggers should look out for.
Blogging myths featured in this episode include:
- You have to post every day, or nearly every day.
- Every post should be "epic" content, over 2000 words, etc.
- There's some big difference between "blog posts" and "articles," and freelance bloggers should be paid less than "article writers" as a result.
- Blog planning and organization isn't a big deal, because it's super simple to change it later.
- You should never monetize your blog when it's still new.
All complete and utter BS. And after explaining why, the episode moves on to a community question from Gina Alianiello about why freelance writers often don't mention the research time involved in their projects on their professional websites. And I close out this episode with a book recommendation for indie authors looking for book marketing tips and ways to stand out.
You can listen to the podcast below or visit the official episode page to read the show notes.