This weekend Princess Jones and I will finish recording a podcast episode on writers sharing personal information on blogs, in books, and in social media. And we need your input!
The episode will go into the benefits of opening up (such as building community), the risks (such as safety concerns), and then we're answering a series of questions from readers and listeners.
We thought this would be a fun way to not only let you get to know us a bit better, but also to demonstrate where our "lines" are, giving us the opportunity to explain why something crosses a personal line if you ask something we're not willing to answer.
We took questions last week and recorded yesterday. But we had to cut things short and will be recording again Sunday afternoon, giving to a chance to submit more questions. These aren't writing and business questions. We're looking for more personal questions here -- what would you want to know about us as people, not just as writers? Questions can be serious, silly, or push boundaries (most have been quite safe so far -- don't be afraid to have fun with it; we're both pretty open people, and part of the point is to see where those lines are and how they might vary from one writer to another).
Here are the questions that have come in so far so we don't get repeats. I can't promise they'll all make the final cut of the show, but I'll be releasing an extended cut of this one as well.
- What we're currently reading, and what our favorite books are
- The one thing we'd never want clients to find out about us
- Whether or not we have kids
- The one personality trait either most people don't know about us or that we try not to reveal
- Worst dates ever
- Whether we've struggled with writing (in a career sense) at all because of our gender
- Why I talk so much about horror movies on Twitter when I largely talk to writers there
- Our favorite drinks
- The last personal revelation that made us cringe and why
- How we'd spend our perfect day
- What we want to be when we grow up
- What we'd buy if the ice cream truck came around (oh, how I wish we had those here!)
- Who in the writing community pisses us off, and why
So, as you can see, they're pretty diverse so far. If there's something you'd like to know, or you just want to see if we'll actually answer something, ask away! Questions can be directed at either one of us, or both of us.
- 30 Queries in 30 Days – Freelance Writing Challenge - June 23, 2020
- 30 Blog Posts in 30 Days Blogging Challenge - June 22, 2020
- Reader Question: How Can My Freelance Writing Business Survive the Coronavirus Pandemic? - April 3, 2020