Every year the New Year period comes and goes so quickly, and I always regret not using that time for a heavy push. This year, I finally setup an actual plan to heavily promote my freelance writing services, e-book, and blogs, specifically through the first quarter of 2009 (and with even more emphasis on January).
Here are some of the things planned (the things that will keep me swamped over the next few weeks):
- I'm releasing another free report here at AFW for email subscribers ("The Freelance Writer's Recession Survival Guide").
- At that point, I may make the other free e-book ("How to Write an E-book in Just 14 Days") available to non-subscribers as well here and on my business site.
- I'll be publishing a white paper - released through ProBusinessWriter.com.
- I'll be launching a (hopefully) fun series here at AFW.
- I'll be pushing 5 quick flip sites through in January (with any luck).
- I'm planning to begin conducting an industry survey revolving around freelance writers.
- I have at least three press releases planned.
- I plan to run a virtual blog tour to more actively promote my Web Writer's Guide e-book. (If anyone is interested in having their writing-related blog be a stop on that blog tour - meaning publishing a guest article - do let me know at jenn(at)allfreelancewriting(dot)com.) Whether this happens in January or February will depend on how quickly I line up blog stops.
So what about you? Do you have any "extra" work planned to get the New Year started off right? Will you be changing your services? Launching a new site or product? Changing your rates? Let us know what's in store for you this January.