There are several different ways to make money with articles as a freelance writer. Here are a few ways articles can help you make money online, whether as a full-fledged business model or as some side income:
- Make money writing articles for clients.
- Pros - Direct payments, Income can come quickly
- Cons - Limited rights usually limit earning potential per article, Deadlines
- Make money writing articles for content networks.
- Pros - Networking opportunities, Build authority status
- Cons - Pay is usually low, You still lose some or all of your rights to your articles (limits future income potential)
- Make money writing articles for your own sites or blogs.
- Pros - You can earn recurring income, You maintain full rights and control over your articles
- Cons - Income can be slow in the beginning, You have to market your sites aggressively to increase earnings
- Make money writing articles for affiliate marketing.
- Pros - You choose the products to promote (unlike some advertising options), Affiliate products can have high payouts, You don't need your own website or blog
- Cons - Affiliate marketing often works best after building a mailing list which takes time, To be a successful affiliate marketer you generally have to build a certain amount of trust with article readers which can also take time
- Make money writing PLR articles.
- Pros - You control usage rights to the articles, You can sell articles multiple times, You set your own article prices
- Cons - Buyers generally won't pay much for PLR articles, Successful PLR programs can require extensive and continuous marketing efforts (the price won't always justify the time spent marketing)
Now that you've taken a look at how to make money with articles using five different tactics, which would you prefer? Do you already use one or more of these options? Personally, I've tried each of them. Do you know of other ways to make money writing articles? Any pros or cons to add to the methods listed? Share your thoughts, and tell us how you make money writing content on the Web.
- Why You Should Diversify Your Writing Income (& 5 Ways to do It) - March 16, 2021
- How the PRO Act Could Hurt Freelance Writers (& What You Can do About It) - March 2, 2021
- Revenue Sharing 2.0 (& Why it Still Sucks for Writers) - February 26, 2021