Christmas is right around the corner now. Are you still not sure what to get for the writer in your life? Here are a few last-minute gift ideas for writers to help you out:
- Gift Cards / Certificates - Easy, and they don't need to be shipped. Pick up a gift card for your writer's favorite book store, or an online book store like Amazon.com.
- Office Supplies - If the writer in your life tends to fly through office supplies, consider stocking him or her up with basics like printer ink, pens, or notebooks.
- Online Services - Do you have an avid blogger in your life? If so, a perfect gift idea might be a credit for domain names or Web hosting, a new premium site or blog template, or custom design services.
- Books - You can't beat books as a gift idea for writers, whether it's a novel by their favorite author or a book to help them reach their writing goals. A few book ideas for freelance writers include The Renegade Writer, The Well-Fed Writer, and Writer's Market 2008.
- A Rolodex (suggested by Misti Sandefur) - Help the writer in your life keep track of experts to interview, publishers, clients, and more.
- Magazine Subscriptions - Give a gift that keeps on giving through the new year with a subscription to a magazine for writers. Depending on the type of writer and experience level, here are a few ideas: Writer's Digest, Poets & Writers Magazine, Editor & Publisher, Writer, and Freelance Success.
Have additional last minute gift ideas for writers? Share them in the comments!
Disclaimer: This post contains affiliate links.