Sharon Hurley Hall joins me for the latest episode of the All Freelance Writing Podcast. We chat about a wide range of issues related to freelance blogging. For example, you'll learn:
- The difference between business blogging and niche / publication blogging (and benefits of each);
- The difference between blogging for small businesses and larger corporate clients;
- How much you can really earn as a freelance blogger (if you think $100-200 per post is a high pro blogging rate, you still have a lot to learn);
- Freelance blogging contract terms to look out for (or ones to try to negotiate, like credit for ghostwritten projects);
- Why you should absolutely publish your freelance blogging rates on your professional website;
- How content agencies differ from content mills and bidding sites (Sharon recommends her favorite);
- Why you shouldn't take freelance blogging contracts that require you to promote client work on your personal social networks (and something most bloggers must do if you agree to those terms);
- How to build initial credits through respectable nonprofits;
- How you can monetize your own blogs as an alternative (or supplement) to freelance blogging.
View the full show notes or listen to this episode at the link below.