Recently you might have noticed that I've been adding audio versions to some All Freelance Writing blog posts. One example is "Gamification: Make Freelance Writing More Fun."
Not only can new visitors read the original post, but they can choose to listen if that's what they prefer. And now they have another option: a condensed version in a SlideShare presentation.
Why would you want to create multiple versions of your blog content like this?
- You probably have a wealth of information already available on your blog.
- Your blog probably reaches brand new visitors every day -- people who haven't read your archived content yet.
- Your blog visitors might prefer to enjoy content in different ways.
- You can use repurposed blog content in social media updates to share it with another audience.
I'm starting with audio posts and slideshows. And those will probably soon be combined into videos, which will be shared in yet another channel. But those aren't the only options you have.
15 Ways to Repurpose Your Blog Content
If you want to get more from your existing blog content, consider repurposing old posts in some of these ways:
- Print books
- Social media updates
- Email newsletters
- Audio posts / Podcasts
- Videos (talking head videos or screencasts)
- Worksheets / Handouts
- White papers
- Update and re-publish old post
- Curate links to your best old content
- Expand list posts into series with a separate post about each list item
How will this post be re-purposed? I'm converting it into a free report for All Freelance Writing newsletter subscribers, and I expect it to be released later this week or next week. Subscribe now so you don't miss it.
Do you regularly re-purpose your blog content? Why or why not? If you do, what are your favorite ways to get more mileage out of your blog posts? Tell me about it in the comments.