Every May, Lori Widmer runs Writers Worth Month over on the Words on the Page blog. She features a collection of guest posts, profiles of experienced freelance writers, and her own tips and insight into realizing our worth (and getting paid what we're worth) as freelance professionals.
Each year I take part in this month-long event. This year I submitted a guest post and was profiled, sharing some of my backstory plus advice on using guest posts to land better freelance writing jobs.
At the end of the event, I also usually post a roundup of Lori's (and her guests') content for those of you who missed it. It's that time again. So here you have it, the 2016 collection of Writers Worth Month tips, advice, stories, and profiles that can help you earn more as a freelance writer.
- Writers Worth: Your Start-to-Earn-Now Freelance Writing Career Guide - by Lori Widmer
- The Right Way to Use Guest Posts to Promote Your Freelance Writing Services - by Jennifer Mattern
- The High Cost of Laziness - by Paula Hendrickson
- An Interview with Yolander Prinzel
- A Quick Look at Freelance Writing Expectations vs. Freelance Writing Reality - by Laura Spencer
- Evolution and the Writer - by Lori Widmer
- You Can't Make a Living Writing - The Worst Advice I've Ever Received - by Anne Wayman
- An Interview with Anne Wayman
- An Interview with Paula Hendrickson
- An Interview with Sara Hodon
- What Prince's Career Taught Me About Freelance Writing - by Sara Hodon
- The Writing Worth of a Technical Writer - by Dana Ford
- Work-Life Balance in the Freelance World - by Ashley Festa
- An Interview with Jennifer Mattern
- An Interview with Laura Spencer
- Be a Business, Not Just a Writer - by Elizabeth Xu
- "But it Will be Fun!" and Other Ways People Try to Avoid Paying for Your Work - by Devon Ellington
- An Interview with Sharon Hurley Hall
- Writers Worth Spelled Out - by Cathy Miller
- The Trouble with Worth - by Yolander Prinzel
- An Interview with Joy Drohan
- An Interview with Princess Jones
- An Interview with Jake Poinier
- 5 Ways to Help Clients Value You - by Sharon Hurley Hall
- The Platinum Rule of Client Communications - by Jake Poinier
- An Interview with Jerry Nelson
- Favors, Barters, and Worth - by Nancy Oliver
- An Interview with Elizabeth Xu
- How to Fake it as a Freelancer - by Princess Jones
- Content Mills to Travel Writing: Do You Have the Moxie to Make the Change? - by Jerry Nelson
- There is an "I" in Freelancer - by Kathy Kehrli
So there you go -- a bit of weekend reading where you can get to know other experienced freelancers and find new ways to be fairly compensated for your writing.
Don't forget! Lori and I are partnering on a new project covering advanced marketing and business advice (and resources) for more experienced freelance writers. You can sign up for the newsletter for updates on the upcoming launch and to receive weekly marketing tips for experienced freelancers in your inbox every Monday.