Can you believe it? All Freelance Writing is 10 years old this month. Since November of 2006, I've been helping new writers build successful writing careers through better business and marketing practices.
You may have noticed a lack of updates here recently. That's because I've been busy working on some new things on the back-end. So think of today as a sort of re-launch. A new look. A "new" attitude. And plenty of new content will be coming your way.
What's Coming This November?
I decided against the gimmick route to celebrate these 10 years. That's not what I want you to get from this site. I want you here because you find value in the content and resources.
You'll find plenty of that this November with at least one piece of new content every single day this month. We'll have:
- Updates on some of the most popular resources on the site (plus new ones!);
- Guests for blog interviews, four podcasts, a guest post or two, and a fun round-up (expect to see people like Peter Bowerman, Sharon Hurley Hall, Anne Wayman, Lori Widmer, Philippa Willitts, Francesca Nicasio, Susan Johnston Taylor, and more);
- If you were around when All Freelance Writing was still All Freelance Writing, and when I had a team of regular contributors, you may see some familiar faces -- four of our former regulars are going to share their stories of where they are now and what they've been up to in recent years;
- New resources (one or two premium ones, but also some freebies);
- I'll be unlocking ALL freebies (no more email subscription requirements for anything; again, I want you subscribing for the value you find, not just for freebies);
- More unique newsletter content will start going out, so sign up for email updates if you don't want to miss any tips to help you market your writing business (and more). Over 5000 of your fellow writers already have;
- A couple of new blog series will be launching -- I'll announce them each with their first posts.
There will be a heavy focus on more experienced writers (especially freelancers) here this month -- partly because of the 10-year anniversary, and partly because of my constant battle against the BS "insta-expert" trend other writers and marketers have been pushing and exploiting recently.
There will also be some technical and copy changes. But I won't bore you with that here.
How You Can Get Involved
Would you like to get involved in the fun this month? Here are a few ways you can:
- Subscribe via email so you don't miss any of the anniversary content coming this month.;
- Submit a reader question, and it might be answered on the blog this month (or on the blog or podcast even after -- I'm always open to these);
- If you've been a professional writer for 10 years or more, consider submitting a guest post about your experience. This month, I'm especially interested in stories about what's changed over the years in your industry, niche, or genre and how you've coped with those changes (or made the most of them). Just know I don't accept many guest posts. You have a far better chance if I know you well already (in which case, shoot me an email instead of using the form linked here);
- Help spread the word by sharing this post or other content this month with your network.
If you can think of another way you'd like to be involved, contact me with your ideas and I'll let you know if I think it's a good fit (but please, no blatant promotions; I won't be pushing any products, services, communities, courses, etc. that I don't personally use and feel comfortable recommending).
I want to thank my "go-to gals" -- Lori Widmer, Yolander Prinzel, and Cathy Miller -- for their feedback on some of the design changes. You're all much appreciated, and I couldn't have done it without you.
Tomorrow I'll take a look back on the last 10 years to share my story and some of the lessons I've learned with you. Remember to check back every day this month for new and improved content, site features, resources, and guests. Better yet, subscribe via email and all the new content will be delivered right to your inbox.
10 thoughts on “All Freelance Writing is 10 Years Old. Help Me Celebrate All November.”
Not sure if my comment got through from a few moments ago; I had posted from my mobile phone and got a data not sending message. Yikes. In any case, Jenn, I’m happy to see new content up and available again this month. I recently got my act together and began aggregating and then culling posts from writing-related sites I thought offered intelligent and reputable content, so I could tweet out links to great posts on a regular basis. Your blog was on my list. I’m a relatively new blogger but a long-time writer, so I’m sure I’ll be able to get lots of great value from your site as the new content is published. Good luck! Jay
This was the only one I saw. Was it a site error or a phone connection error?
I’m glad to have you around Jay, and I hope the new content proves helpful in some way! 🙂
Congrats on your 10-year anniversary, Jenn. I’ve been reading AIW/AFW for the whole time and really value your no-BS approach. 🙂 Looking forward to all the new stuff coming up.
Thank you so much Sharon. I’m glad to have you taking part this month, and have always loved having you as a part of my network. For everyone else, Sharon’s one of the “good ones.” Follow her! 🙂
OMG. Congratulations, Jenn! Also I can’t believe I’ve been reading your blog this long and never signed up for the newsletter. I am a terrible supporter. Doing it now!
In your defense, I was lazy about the newsletter, and only set it up in the last year or two & I don’t really push it. 😉 But thank you! 🙂
My how time flies. What an awesome accomplishment, Jenn. I can’t wait to get this party started. 🙂
Thanks Cathy! And thanks for your help. 🙂
Congratulations! Ten years is a long time in the blogging world. 🙂 Keep up the good work.
Thank you Laura. 🙂