The All Freelance Writing Podcast has been on a break for several months while I sorted out some technical issues and figured out the direction I wanted to take the show. I'm happy to announce the podcast is re-launching later this week.
Today I'd like to give you some background on the upcoming changes. Plus, I'll share a couple of sneak peek clips from one of the upcoming episodes with Princess Jones.
- Longer episodes -- Episodes will now run 30-60 minutes in most cases as opposed to the 20-30 min range of most shows before. It will be similar to the old co-hosted shows in length.
- More co-hosts -- I'll also be bringing on guest co-hosts more often. As of now I'm hoping to do this for every other episode. You can expect to see a lot of repeat guests as these are not interviews; they're chats with writers I know and trust about issues we care about. I also have a special series of guests planned for later this spring or this summer.
- One topic per episode -- I took the suggestion of John Soares and decided to devote each of these longer episodes to a single topic. No more having to skip through shows to find the bits that are most relevant to you.
- Explicit ratings -- Shows moving forward will include more explicit language than you might be used to. So if you're a current subscriber and that's going to bother you, now is the time to unsubscribe.
- Weekly shows -- I'm bringing the podcast back as a weekly show for now (testing the waters to see how that schedule goes). The plan is to alternate guest co-host episodes with solo episodes focused on reader and listener questions. After I work through some of the questions I already have lined up, I'm considering changing this up a bit where I'll mix community questions and "on-air" coaching.
While I have two other episodes coming before Princess Jones joins me on the show (she'll be my guest for episode 19), we recorded a rather lengthy chat. In addition to the regular episode for subscribers, I'll be releasing an extended cut of this particular show.
To give you a better idea of what's to come, I've released two short clips (under 15 minutes each) from that extended episode. In this show we'll chat about fear and confidence issues writers face -- specifically freelance writers and indie authors.
Have a listen:
Note: These clips include explicit language.
You might come across broken links and players on the site over the next few days as I transition everything back to SoundCloud (was even less happy with the new podcast host). But things should be good to go again shortly.
Check back later this week for the first new episode of the podcast where Lori Widmer and I will discuss Huffington Post, their attitude about paying bloggers, and why freelance writers should give a damn.